U. S. Passport
The Wythe-Grayson Regional Library system is a designated Passport Application Acceptance Facility.
Passport applications are processed by appointment only, and must be scheduled at least 24 hours before-hand.
Call (276)773-2761 ext 25
Appointments may be made at the following times at the specified library:
Grayson County Public Library
Monday – Friday: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Are you renewing your U S Passport?
You may be able to renew by mail.
If you have had a passport before, you may need a Form DS-82.
You can renew by mail (no appointment needed) using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport meets all five of these requirements:
- Is submitted with your application
- Is undamaged (other than normal “wear and tear”)
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
What you will need to bring to your appointment:
Proof of U.S. Citizenship
Provide an original of one of the following to be submitted with application:
- Previous U.S. Passport (may be expired; must be undamaged)
- An original certified U.S. Birth Certificate (from a city, county or state; NOT a hospital certificate)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
Proof of Identity*
Present one of the following and provide a photocopy (front and back) of it to be submitted with application:
Current, valid driver’s license. (If not issued by Virginia, you must also bring a secondary ID.)
Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
*Minors under the age of 16:
- each child must appear in person
- both parents/legal guardians must present proof of identity
One photo is required for your passport application. It is important that your passport picture meets the specific requirements set forth by the U.S. Department of State. Passport Photo Information
It is strongly recommended that you use a passport photo service for your passport picture. Passport Photo Location
The following may offer passport photo services: CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Fed Ex, UPS
Passport Form (DS-11), Completed but not signed.
DS-11 Form can be obtained from state.gov website or at the Grayson County Library. DS-11 Form
Library Execution Fee: $35.00 per application
Priority Mail Express (optional): $25.50
The above fees are payable to Wythe-Grayson Regional Library. We accept cash, check or money order
Please Note: While this fee is payable to the Library, the State Department dictates the amount.