Coronavirus (COVID19) Information Page
Beginning Monday March 16th and continuing, this is subject to change:
*** ALL WYTHE-GRAYSON REGIONAL LIBRARY BRANCHES ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE***
This is subject to change. Please check our website and Facebook page for updates.
All events, programs, meeting room reservations and outreach programs have been cancelled.
No fines will be charged until the library reopens. We encourage our library users to keep the materials they have checked out until April.
Tips to keep you and your Family Safe:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Maintain Social Distancing
- Avoid toughing your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw tissue in the trash.
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider.
- Stay home when you are sick.
Source: WHO Advice for public: Link
Information from Local, State, and National Agencies
- Virginia Department of Health; COVID19 – – Go to page
- VDH Fact Sheet – – Go to Fact Sheet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention General Information:
- World Health Organization – – Go to page
News and Reference Articles
- MedlinePlus – – Go to website
- National Institutes of Health – – Go to Website
- Mayo Clinic – – Go to website
The Wythe-Grayson Regional Library System (WGRL) is closely monitoring information about the Coronavirus (COVID19). The health and safety of staff and our library users is a priority.
We are implementing protocols as needed. We are following directions from state and local health officials. This is so we can respond as needed as this situation develops. WGRL is encouraging social distancing and implementing measures until further notice.
Starting Monday March 16th, WGRL will be initiating the following procedures. Library Administration will evaluate and resume normal operations when it is deemed safe to do so.
In order to reduce the likelihood of illness spreading, WGRL is implementing the following via social distancing measures. The CDC defines social distancing as “remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet) from others when possible.”
If you prefer not to visit a library in person, contact your home library:
Wythe County Public Library: 276-228-4951
Grayson County Public Library: 276-773-2761
Whitetop Library: 276-388-2873
Rural Retreat Library: 276-686-8337
Fries Library: 276-744-2225